Museum of East Brunswick
The East Brunswick Museum is a private non-profit corporation, supported by memberships and donations. Admission is free, however, donations are always welcome. Proceeds from dues, donations and fundraisers are used for ongoing operating expenses.
The Museum is located in the Historic Village of Old Bridge in East Brunswick Township. It was the former home of the Simpson Methodist Church, for one hundred years. It was built in 1862. The building was purchased by EB Township for use as a museum in 1977. It had its grand opening on September 12, 1980, and has been open to the public on every Saturday and Sunday from 1:30pm to 4:00pm. (It is closed on Holidays). Hours may be reduced for the summer months.
Our permanent collection includes pottery from the Bissett, Morgan and Van Wickel Stoneware Factories, which were all located in the Village of Old Bridge. We also have tile from the Old Bridge Enameled Brick and Tile Company, which was located near the Village. Many of the tiles in the Holland Tunnel were made in this plant, along with most of the tile used in the subways of New York City.
- Address: 16 Maple Street, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
- Telephone: 732-257-1508
- Price: See Site